Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pretoria Steel Challenge and Golden City Club Shoot

Now I am making excuses again but I have been busy and it has been constructive busy. Tell you about it later..........

Last week I shot Pretoria Steel CHALLENGE and PLEASE make note, the emphasis is on "Challenge". I arrive all cheeky thinking I am going to make a point today that when I shoot on my own with no distractions (ha-ha) I am going to shoot my best time ever.
Did I say no distractions. First three rounds - my worst scores ever and all shouting from behind "It's Left - It's Left"
So it was at Fudge's insistence and Gys to the rescue, adjusting my site, before I could rescue what was left of my score. I love these Pretoria people.
But sucker for punishment that I am - I will be back.

I don't even have a photograph to publish for you about this epic event. I was way too busy.

Our Four Man Detail.
Yesterday I was up early, thought I was organized, had breakfast ready, everything was packed the night before and off we set on a chilly morning - but of course as long as we are going to fire a gun, we are there.

Ten minutes into our trip my mind wanders to my brass bag and all of a sudden a light bulb moment - we have no mags.

It's a quick roundabout to collect them waiting on the counter after being cleaned. I really need a check list when I am packing for shooting. Correction - when I am packing for anything.

We were only a four man detail, with Keshwin it seemed more but without Keshwin our day would have been dull. I wish I had your last stage on video but we will always remember it. Thanks Keswhin, I always love shooting with you.

 
Jordan in Action

Also in our detail was young Jordan, an absolute gentleman and a shooter of note in the making. Thanks, Loved it.

I am posting this photo but please Jordan we have to get you Dad off the lesson on pushing the button.

Thanks all - this is why we shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment